4. Go to Photo: Brightness/contrast, set brightness to 40 or set it to your preference, and click ok.
5. Go to your Object Paint Eraser Tool. Erase all around the fireworks to clean them up.
6. Then pick one of the larger fireworks. One that you think will make a nice body.
7. Duplicate it two or three times as you like. Turn, move, shift these 3 pieces around until they look good to you as fur. (Each time you do this your bear will look different.)
8. After you have the 3 arranged, R-click, Group. Save your file as a ufo.
9. Now continue with this procedure until you have the arms and
legs created using the single fireworks.
10. Continue until you get the head pieces set in the shape you want.
Create the ears using the small fireworks.
11. Add eyes, nose, and mouth.
Here's my colored bear. I'm not much of an artist, but he's cute!
R-click, Select All, Merge as Single Object.
You may use any coloring procedure to create any color for the animal of your making.
Waa-Laa...you have a Fuzzy Fur MaryBear.
I hope you have enjoyed my first
Feel free to contact me if you get stuck and need help!
Dia's Dimensions' Tutorial Award
Now that you have finished this tutorial, feel free to R-click save our award and display it on your web page. This award is offered on the honor system.
What you create with your fur is yours
to do with as you choose. I only ask that you give me
credit for the fur by referring inquiring minds to this tutorial.
This tut was created out of sheer frustration in not being able to find a tut for bears with nice looking fur using only PI tools. Being limited on filter effects thus this tut came into being. Don't you love PI. I sure do.
Many thanks to my first teacher, who has been there every step with me,"
Dia of Dia's Dimensions.net, to Tena Williams and the
Pingers group for their support, to Mary Lou White for
her tut on tutorial writing, to Wouter of
WoutersDesigns for his suggestions. Thank all of you
for your wonderful support.
Do you have PhotoImpact?
Want to learn more?
Click to subscribe to Dias_PI_Newbies_Too
Want to know when I update my tutorials or site?
Click to join Dias_Dimensions_Updates